Brazilian President Convokes National Homosexual Conference
By Matthew Cullinan Hoffman
The president decreed that the conference would take place
Brazil Without Homophobia is a national program run by the Lula administration that teaches that homosexual orientation is unchangeable, and seeks to construct a “culture” in
With official government sponsorship, the conference will have a composition of 40% delegates from the government sector and the remaining 60% from among private individuals, according to MixBrasil, a homosexual website.
Organizer Julian Rodrigues is jubilant. “There are countries with more advanced legislation and policies, but this will be the first time that a federal government convokes a complete conference, with the participation of the majority of the organized movement, to define a national plan of public policies for almost 10% of the population, historically relegated to prejudice and discrimination,” he said.
Rodrigues’ statistic of 10% for the population of homosexuals is denied by scientific studies that show that homosexuals comprise between 3 and 5% of national populations at the most, but it is commonly cited by homosexual activists in the promotion of their cause.
“The first Conference is now created, and there is no turning back. We are going to pull up our sleeves and construct it in all of the states (of Brazil), mobilizing the greatest number possible of members of our community, discussing rights and affirmative public policies,” said Rodrigues.
Related LifeSiteNews Coverage:
Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay Launch Radical Homosexual Rights Initiative at UN
Leader of Brazil Homosexual Movement Under Investigation for Pedophilia
Brazilian Priests Could Face Jail-time for Saying that Homosexuality is A Sin
Brazil-Backed Treaty Seeks to Make Homosexual Sex a 'Human Right' in North and South America